Been a while, yeah, I know. It’s also been quite an experience blogging on Aiki! Meeting professionals passionate about what they do and inspiring others in turn. Muchos passienda.
Our guest blogger is Gayle Howard. Multi-award winning resume writer and published author, Gayle Howard, is founder of the Top Margin Career Marketing Group. For 21 years, Gayle has been transforming the careers of thousands, setting resume writing trends that have influenced employer decision-making. The first professional in Australia to achieve the Certified Professional Resume Writer credential, Gayle set the pace for her peers, cementing her level of proficiency to become Australia’s first Master Resume Writer, Certified Expert Resume Writer, Master Career Director, Credentialed Career Manager, Career Web Portfolio Practitioner, and Certified Job Loss Recovery Coach. Phew!… And this is just an abridged version of her resume.
I didn’t even know there was such a job profile as Resume Writer (feel free to share in my awe). So to get to our post…Take it away, Gayle.
10 Top Reasons You Need a Certified Professional Resume Writer.
1. Certified Professional Resume Writers see the big picture. They are the objective third party when dealing with information with which the jobseeker has an emotional tie. Most people are too close to their own subject matter and can’t make the right choices about what information to keep in the resume, or take out.
2. Certified Professional Resume Writers possess current knowledge of employment trends. A job seeker is only likely to update one resume every few years. A professional resume writer will have composed 5-10 resumes this week.
3. Certified Professional Resume Writers apply well-considered strategies to document creation. Resumes written by certified professionals are meticulously crafted to align with the person’s targeted role through the careful composition and placement of narrative success stories, skills and experience. Most jobseekers are unaware that strategic and targeted writing is even an option.
4. Certified Professional Resume Writers demonstrate superior knowledge of the English language, grammar and punctuation and possess the talent to write concisely and powerfully. “Fluffy” wording, clichés and run-on sentences so common in most do-it-yourself resumes, have no place in a certified professional’s writing repertoire.
5. Certified Professional Resume Writers use strong and powerful words and phrases when communicating jobseekers’ achievements. Most people list duties, failing to understand that it is not what they do everyday, but how they stamp their mark on a company that helps them stand out in a sea of equally qualified candidates.
6. Certified Professional Resume Writers know how to question people to extract the right information so that individual success stories can be crafted. Most jobseekers don’t know the right questions to ask themselves.
7. Certified Professional Resume Writers are highly competent in the use of word processing software. Consequently documents will look, as well as sound, superior to their do-it-yourself counterparts. Professional Resume Writers never resort to standard word processing templates, but instead, personally tailor an eye-catching format designed to showcase the jobseeker’s talents and value proposition.
8. Certified Professional Resume Writers tell you the truth. Recruiters will not tell a jobseeker of resume mistakes, friends will be unable to advise the folly of applying for unsuitable roles. A professional resume writer is a caring, knowledgeable professional without a personal agenda, unconstrained by the rules of hiring, and one who has the most up-to-date knowledge of the employment market…. all at your disposal.
9. Certified Professional Resume Writers possess a wealth of knowledge about the careers sector including recruiter preferences, successful job search strategies, and social media and networking plans. Professionals have access to the full gamut of careers professionals including interview coaches.
10. Certified Professional Resume Writers place a mirror to the face of the jobseeker and in doing so, provide an unfettered view of his or her worth in the marketplace. The mirror that shows such a value proposition provides an undeniable boost to confidence and self esteem.
The following major resume writing associations provide certifications for professional resume writers worldwide.
Career Directors International
Writing Certification: Certified Advanced Resume Writer (CARW),
Certified Expert Resume Writer (CERW)
Master Resume Writer Lifetime Achievement Award (MRWLAA)
Career Management Alliance
Writing Certification: Master Resume Writer (MRW)
Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Writing Certification: Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)
National Resume Writer’s Association
http://www.thenrwa.com – Writing Certification: Nationally Certified Resume Writer (NCRW)
Learn more about Gayle on http://www.gaylehoward.com
I hope that this leads some of us to heightened curiosity about and research into recruitment and career trends.
Lafia! (Well wishes!)
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.