From: Sochi Azuh
Publisher: http://www.memofromhr.wordpress.com; 2011
Memo Title: Peter’s Law
I came across this fascinating litany some time back and … would I say, I forgot it? … Anyhow, I thought to post it here to remind myself. And for some of you who have never heard of it, this “Creed of the Sociopathic Obsessive Compulsive,” as it is also known, makes for an inspiration to work beyond the average, beyond the challenge…
It is often hilarious but all round thought provoking.
- If anything can go wrong, Fix it! (To hell with Murphy!)
- When given a choice — Take both!
- Multiple projects lead to multiple successes.
- Start at the top and work your way up.
- Do it by the book…but be the author!
- When forced to compromise, ask for more.
- If you can’t beat them, join them, and then beat them.
- If it’s worth doing, it’s got to be done right now.
- If you can’t win, change the rules.
- If you can’t change the rules, ignore them.
- When faced without a challenge, make one.
- No simply means begin again at the next highest level.
- Don’t walk when you can run.
- Bureaucracy is a challenge to the be conquered with a righteous attitude, an intolerance for stupidity, and bulldozer when necessary.
- When in doubt: THINK!
- Patience is a virtue but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.
- The squeaky wheel gets replaced.
- The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live.
I’ve been posting a lot of quotes or quote-based pieces. They are my inspiration pills and hope they are yours too. If you have these “pills” that keep you juiced through the day, please feel free to share with us by way of comment.
Don’t forget to subscribe to be up to date on posts here.
Enjoy the rest of the working week. Lafia!